PARENT INFORMATION EVENING
APRIL 11, 2017 - 6:30 p.m. - LCVI Cafetorium
KFL&A Public Health is hosting a parent/caregiver information night on Tuesday, April 11, 2017, to speak to parents/caregivers on the opioid situation in KFL&A and to answer questions and concerns on how to keep their children safe.~ The event will begin with arrival 6:30 to~7:00 p.m. with refreshments and community partner displays providing information and resources for families. ~ Presentations beginning at 7:00 p.m. followed by the opportunity for parents to meet with various community partners in attendance to address the needs they might have for information or resources, as a family. We hope to support families, knowing they may have different needs.
The parent evening will be held in the LCVI cafetorium.~
The outline for the parent evening is:~
6:30 pm Parents arrive and visit the various community partner tables/displays, light refreshments will be available.
7:00 pm Start the panel (15 to 20 minutes each)
- Introduction and overview on opioids and illicit fentanyl – Dr Kieran Moore
- Overview of opioid overdose, Naloxone and the kits~– Dr Meredith MacKenzie
- Police perspective. Know the law. What the police are seeing in our community – Carolyn Gauthier
- Parenting – how to talk to your kids, possibly a short video –~ Public Health Nurse School Team Lisa Lollar
- Community resources Addictions and mental health, connection to community and other partners, and resources available for students in the high schools – Shawn Quigley
Together, we can keep our kids safe.